Saturday, May 28, 2011

Prayer for Addicts

Yesterday whilst I was in town I called into St. Pat's to have some quiet prayer time. I picked up a booklet "Someone I Know Has a Drug Problem" by William E. Rabior, ACSW. This is the prayer towards the end of the booklet which I found nice.

St. Maximillian Kolbe, Saint of Auschwitz and patron of drug addicts, pray for us!
Mary our Mother, Blessed Virgin, pray for us!

* * *
LORD JESUS,
You heal hurting hearts and make lives new again.
I do not know what circumstances are causing N. to use drugs.
I only know that I feel more and more concern for him/her.
I pray for a new direction for N.
With the help of Your Grace may s/he choose healing and hope and find freedom from drugs.
I put N. in Your Hands this day, Lord Jesus.
May s/he reach out to You and receive from You all that is needed to become whole again.
AMEN.

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful and I thank you for posting it. My brother is a homosexual catholic who has a drug problem. Right now he is in the ICU in a coma for his current overdose. I was feeling lost until I found your post. It makes me feel better because it has all the thoughts I want to pray but feel too paralyzed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raven:

    I like that prayer. I've been sober 6 years due to God's grace and "a little help from my friends." sober friends helping each other.

    ReplyDelete