Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Snippets #03

A Catholic Carnival

Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets - A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other.


A friend I met on XT3 five years ago during World Youth Day 2008 in Sydney sent me a parcel full of goodies, and ordered two books from The Mustard Seed bookshop - "YouCat" and the "Daily Missal", though a "Sunday Missal" was ordered, so I will have to post that one back for an exchange.

We went back to Albury about a month ago, so I had time to visit my favourite church, St. Patrick's in the Albury CBD. I also went to confession and also took the time to write about my original parish church in Wodonga - Sacred Heart. One on St. Augustine's to come soon!

It has been far too long since I've picked up a pencil and paper to draw, so I am determined to start doing more art - rough sketches and eventually, masterpieces... or my idea and style of a masterpiece anyhow! Besides, art is personal, subjective...

During my daily web-surfing, I found a really handy website "Hidden Treasures" - one in the jokes category I found quite amusing, and true!

Another one is a bit of humour about if Noah had been commanded to build an ark... in Australia!

Last but not least, I talk about certain Saints and people from the Bible, including: St. Maximilian Kolbe, Ss. Sergius and Bacchus and Melchizedek.

No comments:

Post a Comment