Monday, July 15, 2013

Sunday Snippets: #04


A Catholic Carnival

Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets - A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other.


To signal a change of style, this year I created this blog, "Gloria in Excelsis Deo" to replace my older, somewhat darker style of "Darkness draws closer". Not long after creating the new blog, I went to hospital with a blood infection, ultimately requiring heart surgery, thus I only ever wrote three editions of "Sunday Snippets".

My latest edition will cover a range of stories since February - from the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI through the period of "Sede Vacante", plus much more!

Starting off, this year I have committed myself to daily spiritual reading of the Bible, a little Catholic practice known as "Lectio Divina".

A nice, short, sweet poem on Rosary Beads.

Last year my parents went on a tour of The Holy Land. They sent this link to me where you can walk around and view a range of Holy Sites - from behind your computer!

A brief introduction to the church here in Woodenbong NSW.

A poem written on the back of a Holy Card I received from a lady whilst in hospital as well as one I found on the "Eureka Street" website.

A Saint's guide to praying in times of affliction and to celebrate the Feast of St. Benedict, some handy info on his medal.

Handy looking website that encourages civil discussion between Catholic's and Athiests for the knowledge of TRUTH! Finally, some short thoughts on heading back to Albury.

No comments:

Post a Comment