Thursday, December 17, 2015

R.I.P Nunji

Nunji passed away today, only weeks after her 5th birthday. Here is a short prayer I dedicate to her, followed by another prayer attributed to St. Francis of Assisi, patron of animals and pets.

We comforted her up until her death, she is sadly missed. Such a shock to us.
Born 18/11/2010; Died 17/12/2015.

Thanks to ChurchYear.Net for the prayers.


David and Nunji in happier times, September 2014.


Prayer in Memory of a Pet

Almighty God,
I was fortunate to receive the gift of (pet name) from You
Now that he (she) has left this life,
please help me cope with my loss with strength and courage.
I know that my beloved companion no longer suffers,
and will live on in many fond memories.
May they be treated with the care and respect
As he (she) has enriched my life,
I pray that I may enrich the lives of others. Amen.
Basilica and Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation.





Prayer of Saint Francis for Animals

God Our Heavenly Father,
You created the world
to serve humanity's needs
and to lead them to You.
By our own fault
we have lost the beautiful relationship
which we once had with all your creation.
Help us to see
that by restoring our relationship with You
we will also restore it
with all Your creation.
Give us the grace
to see all animals as gifts from You
and to treat them with respect
for they are Your creation.
We pray for all animals
who are suffering as a result of our neglect.
May the order You originally established
be once again restored to the whole world
through the intercession of the Glorious Virgin Mary,
the prayers of Saint Francis
and the merits of Your Son,
Our Lord Jesus Christ
Who lives and reigns with You
now and forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment