Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Focusing on my Spiritual Health!

I don't work or study at the present moment. I spend my days going to various appointments. What's that saying? Something about "idle hands is the devils playground" or something along those lines? Well I beg to differ, so long as your head is in the right place, the right materials, the right resources!

I bought St. Faustina's Diary "Divine Mercy in My Soul" a few weeks ago and I'm loving it so far. I am a sinner, like everyone on this earth, but I sin probably more than I would like to. Divine Mercy is a good message for me in that regards.

About this time last year, I stopped my Bible reading plan, which was a reading from the O.T, a reading from the Book of Psalms and a reading from the N.T each day, for one year, then you've read the whole Bible. It's a Catholic plan so it includes the Deuterocanonical books. You can use the same plan to read the Catechism of The Catholic Church in one year also!

The reason I stopped doing it was I had a lot of major stress last year. I went to the psych-wing of the hospital for about three weeks too. Very messy. Anyways, I have now picked up where I left off, and I am in front for where we are in the year - it's divided into months.

Did I also mention I live directly opposite a Catholic Church? Well I do! Very lovely Parish Priest there too!!!

So I have been trying to get to Mass more often than just Sundays - a few times during the week also. Just like one needs to focus on their physical, mental and emotional health, one much also leave a good deal of time on the spiritual health. After all, we do owe our lives to Jesus! We were created to do God's Will, not our own! The least I can do is sacrifice half and hour every few weekdays in Mass, and some more time reading my Bible, not to mention reading the Divine Mercy Journal! I'm reading that instead of reading a novel, so I should get through it pretty fast. Whether I absorb the entire message the first time I don't know, but I can always go back and read certain bits based on the footnotes, index, chronological index etc;.

Well I'm out! News time!

God bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. Living across the street from your church is so convenient! I thought I had it good working at one. :)

    I know the Bible reading plan you're talking about. I've been using it too--since January 2007! I promised I wouldn't give up, and I haven't. I just need time.

    ReplyDelete